The EC175: Eurocopter’s new medium-sized twin-engine helicopter for demanding missions and cost-effective operations
Designed and optimized with feedback from operators
Extensive inputs from users, combined with the latest generation in computer-aided design and virtual simulation, were essential to Eurocopter’s optimization of the EC175 helicopter.
· More volume available per seat, offering more comfort for passengers ...
The EC175’s maintenance concept is defined in cooperation with operators for enhanced operational efficiency, combining higher aircraft availability and lower operating costs.
The EC175 support and services package introduces valuable new features such as:
- Optimized scheduled maintenance planning, established through the MSG-3 method and continuously improved with a proactive Living Maintenance Review Board process
- Optimized unscheduled maintenance management, resulting from an innovative ground segment, in addition to enhanced health & usage monitoring functions with a new efficient failure management and fault isolation module
- Eurocopter “Keycopter” customer portal, offering operators access to various functions, including spares, ordering and tracking – and which is to be the unique services portal for future new applications to be deployed progressively
- Web-based access to interactive electronic technical publications with 3D maintenance procedures for complex maintenance tasks, accessed through the new O.R.I.O.N. viewer that embeds many additional features WebHums service for optimal management of health & usage data, and efficient correlation of data with worldwide data collection results
- Advanced anomaly detection function, which provides simplified and more rapid diagnosis of alarms, while reducing the occurrence of false alarms
- More complete helicopter flight data monitoring, which improves safety through the monitoring of pilot behavior with flight manual instructions and standard operational manual requirements, as well as the definition of related training actions
- Training program and resources available for pilot and technician type ratings (including full-flight simulator, Eurocopter flight training devices, mock-up…), and additional specialized solutions for mission training (such as oil and gas operational scenarios, search and rescue, etc.)
New on-site flight operations services will accompany the EC175’s entry-into-service
a step ahead in support & services ”